The New Year is upon us, and many of us have already begun preparing for what is to come in 2010. Here at Search3w, we’re helping online businesses prepare for their biggest year yet. What better time than now to look into the crystal ball and see what 2010 has in store for search marketing and the internet? Below are some of my predictions for the New Year…
- The moment we were all waiting for this year has come and gone: Microsoft swallowed Yahoo Search and established the new search engine, Bing. Microhoo’s Bing will undoubtedly give Google serious competition in the search marketplace. My prediction is that in about a year from now, Bing will have approximately 28% of the market share. As such, make optimizing for Bing your next priority after optimizing for Google.
- Recently, we welcomed a new baby to internet marketing: CRO, or Conversion Rate Optimization. CRO consists of building processes that help to improve conversion rates over time. Online businesses have the potential to generate significant revenue from CRO, yet few have invested in it. CRO enables companies to assess where they spend money and where they derive the most value. 2010 will undoubtedly be a big year for CRO.
- Mobile search took off in 2009, and in 2010, I believe that mobile search will reach its Acroterion (i.e. pinnacle). According to comScore, the use of touch screen mobile smartphones like Palm, Rim, HTC and iPhone increased by over 150 percent in 2009. With the continual increase in the usage of easy-to-surf smartphones, we will inevitably see a rise in mobile search adoption. It’s pretty safe to assume that in the next few years, we’ll see mobile search volume overtake that of desktop computer search. Search3w’s D2S product automatically generates mobile WAP-enabled content and submits it to the mobile search engines.
- The duplicate content detector robot and semantic search retrieval are two patents that were recently issued by Google and will be available in 2010. Search3w’s D2S product is our answer to the first patent, and OBS site search is our answer to the second one. You’ll want these two guys on your side next year!
- Lately, Google has been emphasizing site speed as a ranking factor. Search3w clients are hooked to big brother monitoring software that checks their site speed 24×7. If you’re not a Search3w client, remember not to let slow server speed lower your site’s ranking!
This is how Google’s new interface will look in 2010 (click to zoom):
In 2010, Search3w will introduce a new sister product to D2S and OBS called “Links3w.” Similarly to how D2S and OBS do a great job with on-page optimization, Links3w will give our clients peace of mind when it comes to off-page optimization.
Happy New Year!
From: Elchanan Rotstain, Rick Nielsen, Aida Jerez, James and Nick.