Yes, you read it right – Google is offering Google SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Guides.
Click here to read the full Google webpage: Do you need an SEO? – Scroll down to download the guides – for free. No registration required !
This publication is supporting the post from November 2016 “7 Signs That You Need to Change your SEO guy” to be careful from so-called “SEO” companies that will drop your website ranking dead. Here is citation in Google’s own words:
Google say “be careful” from these guys
- SEO firms and web consultants or agencies that send you email or calling your business out of the blue
- Guarantee a #1 ranking on Google
- Company that is secretive or won’t clearly explain what they intend to do. Search3w is offering 100% Transparency and we show you exactly what we do
- Your website should never have to link to the SEO company. Here is a “not to do” example
- Beware of aggressive SEO firms. While Google doesn’t comment on specific companies, they encountered firms calling themselves SEOs who follow practices that are clearly beyond the pale of accepted business behavior. Be careful
- Be sure to understand where the money goes. Be involve.
- Who “hold the keys”? Beware of online services that does not give you the key to your Google Analytics, SEO ranking tools, AdWords account, Google+ account and more. This is your business and you must have 100% control over it
- Offering Shadow domains, doorway pages, sell keywords, charging for clicks (Only Google.com can charge you for click costs) and offering obscure, long keyword phrases you would get anyway
- Have no or little online appearance for their brand name, gets you fake traffic and fake leads, has had domains removed from Google’s index or is not itself listed in Google
Google explains how to choose a SEO company
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories?
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe? How do you measure your success?
- What’s your experience in my industry?
- What’s your experience in my country/city?
- What’s your experience developing international sites?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- How long have you been in business?
- How can I expect to communicate with you? Will you share with me all the changes you make to my site, and provide detailed information about your recommendations and the reasoning behind them?
Download Google’s Cheatsheet Guide